- Nanotechnology 101
- Nanotechnology and You
- About the NNI
- What is the NNI?
- Nanotechnology-Inspired Grand Challenges
- Nanotechnology Signature Initiatives
- The NSET Subcommittee
- NSET's Participating Federal Partners
- Working Groups & Coordinators
- Contact Information
- National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO)
- Collaborations and Funding
- Federal Funding & Infrastructure
- Nanotech Challenges
- Business Development
- FAQs for Business
- Publications and Resources
The United States is committed to the long-term, sustainable growth of this burgeoning field through Federal funding programs and an extensive infrastructure of research and development centers, networks, and user facilities.
A significant impact of the NNI has been the focused investment in establishment and development of multidisciplinary research and education centers devoted to nanoscience and nanotechnology.
The NNI supports a network of user facilities that are open to researchers and provide the high-tech tools and equipment needed to study and develop nanotechnologies.
There are a variety of funding opportunities through funding programs like SBIR/STTR, industry partnerships, regional and state government programs and initiatives, as well, as a variety of fellowships, scholarships, and postdoctoral positions.
See a list of Federal grant solicitations from various agencies in the area of nanoscience and nanotechnology.