- Nanotechnology 101
- Nanotechnology and You
- About the NNI
- What is the NNI?
- Nanotechnology Signature Initiatives
- The NSET Subcommittee
- NSET's Participating Federal Partners
- Working Groups & Coordinators
- NNI Accomplishments Archive
- Contact Information
- National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO)
- Collaborations and Funding
- Federal Funding & Infrastructure
- Contests and Challenges
- Business Development
- FAQs for Business
- Publications and Resources
2011 NNI EHS Research Strategy Webinar
October 20, 2011
Responsible development of nanotechnology benefits everyone, from lab researchers and factory workers to the consumers of products enabled by this emerging technology. Accordingly, the Federal Government has developed the 2011 NNI Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Research Strategy, a comprehensive, integrated approach to produce the research data that will ensure the safe, effective, and responsible development and use of nanotechnology.
Federal Agencies participating in the National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) are hosting a webinar to announce the release of the 2011 NNI Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Research Strategy and to the discuss the development of this document and its key focus areas. The webinar will be held October 20, 2011 from 12 noon until 12:45p.m.
The event will consist of an overview of the strategy’s development followed by comments from industrial, regulatory, and public health perspectives. Dr. John Howard, Nanotechnology Environmental and Health Implications (NEHI) Working Group Co-Chair, will serve as the moderator. Panelists include:
- Dr. Treye Thomas, NEHI Working Group Co-Chair
- Dr. Shaun Clancy, Evonik DeGussa Corporation
- Dr. Janet Carter, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Ms. Lynn Bergeson, Bergeson & Campbell
The webinar will also feature a 20-minute question-and-answer segment following the presentations. Questions may be submitted prior to the webinar to firstname.lastname@example.org beginning at noon (EDT) Wednesday, October 19, 2011 and will be accepted until the close of the webinar at 12:45 p.m. Thursday, October 20, 2011. The moderator reserves the right to group similar questions and to omit questions that are either repetitive or not directly related to the topic. Due to time constraints, it may not be possible to answer all questions.
- See the 2011 NNI EHS Research Strategy.
- See the Listing of the FY 2009 Nanotechnology-Related EHS Research Projects
- See the Brochure for the 2011 NNI EHS Research Strategy
- See the FAQs for the 2011 NNI EHS Research Strategy
For additional information, please contact NNCO staff at email@example.com or call 703-292-8626.