- Nanotechnology 101
- Nanotechnology and You
- About the NNI
- What is the NNI?
- The NSET Subcommittee
- NSET's Participating Federal Partners
- Working Groups
- National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO)
- Contact Information
- Collaborations and Funding
- Nanotechnology Signature Initiatives
- FAQs for Business
- Federal Funding & Infrastructure
- Business Development
- Publications and Resources
Gaining Stakeholder Inputs and Exploring the Goals and Objectives For the NNI’s Updated Strategic Plan
(July 7, 2010) The National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) will host the Strategic Planning Stakeholder Workshop at the Hotel Palomar in Arlington, VA on July 13-14, 2010. The goal of this workshop is to obtain input from stakeholders—both those who are new to nanoscale science, engineering, and technology and those who are already familiar with these fields and with the NNI—regarding the goals and objectives for an updated NNI Strategic Plan that is currently under development and scheduled for completion by December 2010. Representatives of the U.S. research community, industry, non-governmental organizations, and interested members of the general public are invited to offer suggestions to the U.S. Government interagency task force that is drafting the new plan, which is an update of the December 2007 NNI Strategic Plan (see http://www.nano.gov/NNI_Strategic_Plan_2007.pdf). In particular, the agencies participating in the NNI are seeking input on the specific objectives that should be included in the updated plan under each of the overarching NNI goals, and suggest approaches for achieving those objectives.
Additionally, the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) has published a Request for Information (RFI) in the Federal Register inviting broad stakeholder input to assist the Federal government in the development of the 2010 Strategic Plan for the NNI. The RFI is available for online viewing at http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/2010-16273.htm
The specific goals of this Arlington, VA workshop are to:
- Bring together those who are new to nanoscale science, engineering, and technology—as well as those familiar with nanotechnology and with the NNI—to exchange views on the future of nanotechnology and of the U.S. Government’s National Nanotechnology Initiative.
- Obtain stakeholder input regarding the goals and objectives for an updated NNI Strategic Plan. This is currently under development and scheduled for completion by December 2010.
- Gather suggestions to the U.S. Government interagency task force that is drafting the new plan, which will be an update of the December 2007 NNI Strategic Plan.
Please visit our website at http://www.nano.gov/html/meetings/NNISPWorkshop/index.html for the full agenda, including speakers and panel sessions, and to register for the live webcast. Please note that workshop registration has closed and the event is at full capacity. Webcast registration is still available, and the webcast will also be available for online viewing after the workshop.