- Nanotechnology 101
- Nanotechnology and You
- About the NNI
- What is the NNI?
- Nanotechnology-Inspired Grand Challenges
- Nanotechnology Signature Initiatives
- The NSET Subcommittee
- NSET's Participating Federal Partners
- Working Groups & Coordinators
- Contact Information
- National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO)
- Collaborations and Funding
- Federal Funding & Infrastructure
- Nanotech Challenges
- Business Development
- FAQs for Business
- Publications and Resources
NanoDays is March 30th - April 7th and people all over the country are getting ready! Check out the long list of partners who will be hosting NanoDays events.
Good luck with your final preparations, and have fun at your events!
Nanotechnology could revolutionize a range of industries, including health care, energy, electronics, environmental management, security, and materials.
Learn about nanotechnology and how it impacts the world around us through hands-on family activities designed by experts at the Nanoscale Informal Science Education Network.
|Click image to watch NanoDays video|
What is Nano?
- One centimeter is 10 million nanometers
- A human hair is roughly 100,000 nanometers wide
- A child just over 3 feet tall is 1 billion nanometers!
In other words...nano is really, really small.