- Nanotechnology 101
- Nanotechnology and You
- About the NNI
- What is the NNI?
- Nanotechnology Signature Initiatives
- The NSET Subcommittee
- NSET's Participating Federal Partners
- Working Groups & Coordinators
- NNI Accomplishments Archive
- Contact Information
- National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO)
- Nanotechnology-Inspired Grand Challenges
- Collaborations and Funding
- Federal Funding & Infrastructure
- Contests and Challenges
- Business Development
- FAQs for Business
- Publications and Resources
(April 25, 2011) After eight years of dedicated service, Dr. Clayton Teague has stepped down as Director of the National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO). With both enthusiasm and expertise, Dr. Teague led the NNCO through a large part of its first decade, paving the way for the National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) to become among the most effective and respected Federal interagency programs.
During Dr. Teague’s tenure as Director, he oversaw the development of the first three NNI Strategic Plans, seven NNI supplements to the President's annual budgets, as well as the planning, conducting, and reporting on a host of workshops. In the last year he also initiated and oversaw the first major redesign since 2002 of the public NNI website, Nano.gov.
We at the NNCO are grateful to Dr. Teague for his service and dedication to the NNI and to the field of nanotechnology writ large. He will be greatly missed.