- Nanotechnology 101
- Nanotechnology and You
- About the NNI
- What is the NNI?
- Nanotechnology-Inspired Grand Challenges
- Nanotechnology Signature Initiatives
- The NSET Subcommittee
- NSET's Participating Federal Partners
- Working Groups & Coordinators
- Contact Information
- National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO)
- Collaborations and Funding
- Federal Funding & Infrastructure
- Nanotech Challenges
- Business Development
- FAQs for Business
- Publications and Resources
Stay Connected with the NNI
Sign up for Email Alerts and Updates.
The National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) is a U.S. Government research and development initiative that coordinates funding for nanotechnology among the participating Federal departments and agencies. The NNI vision is a future in which the ability to understand and control matter at the nanoscale leads to a revolution in technology and industry that benefits society.
The NNI’s member agencies advance a world-class nanotechnology research and development program leading to new materials, devices, and products. The NNI supports the development of robust educational resources, a skilled workforce, supporting infrastructure and tools, as well as a coordinated research strategy to study the potential environmental, health, safety, and societal impacts of nanotechnology. For more information on how the NNI started and how it is organized, see the page entitled What is the NNI?