- Nanotechnology 101
- Nanotechnology and You
- About the NNI
- What is the NNI?
- Nanotechnology-Inspired Grand Challenges
- Nanotechnology Signature Initiatives
- The NSET Subcommittee
- NSET's Participating Federal Partners
- Working Groups & Coordinators
- Contact Information
- National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO)
- Collaborations and Funding
- Federal Funding & Infrastructure
- Nanotech Challenges
- Business Development
- FAQs for Business
- Publications and Resources
What: The National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO) will host a series of webinars from October to December 2015 sponsored by Federal agencies participating in the Nanotechnology Knowledge Infrastructure (NKI) and the Nanotechnology for Sensors and Sensors for Nanotechnology (Sensors) Signature Initiatives. This webinar series will include an introduction to nanoinformatics, an overview of nanosensor technology and applications, a regulatory case study for the development of nanosensors, and an overview of nanoinformatics applications. This series of webinars will culminate in a joint NKI and Sensors NSI webinar on data quality.
- Introduction to Nanoinformatics: Friday, October 2, 2015, from 12 pm to 1 pm EDT. This webinar will introduce basic nanoinformatics concepts to non-specialists. Specific topics to be covered include a summary of basic nanoinformatics concepts, a discussion of the benefits and applications of informatics, and an overview of the NKI NSI.
- Nanosensor Technologies and Applications: Friday, October 16, 2015, from 12 pm to 1:30 pm EDT. This webinar will introduce basic mechanisms of nanosensing and explain related terminologies, and will include a review of current status of nanosensor development and challenges for commercial applications.
- Regulatory Case Study for the Development of Nanotechnology-Enabled In Vitro Diagnostic Devices: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, from 12 pm to 1 pm EST. The webinar will provide an overview of regulatory requirements for sensor in vitro diagnostic devices at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and a case study on a submission from a recently cleared in vitro nanotechnology-enabled sensor device.
- Applications of Nanoinformatics: Thursday, November 12, 2015, 12 pm to 1 pm EST. A panel of nanoinformatics users will discuss their respective needs and priorities, as well as how they use specific nanoinformatics tools to address these needs.
- All Hands on Deck for Improving Data Quality: Friday, December 11, 2015, from 12 pm to 1 pm EST. The webinar will present an overview of data reproducibility challenges and needs with case study discussions focusing on specific nanotechnology platforms (including nanosensors).
Who/Viewers: Members of the nanotechnology business community, industry, NGOs, academia, and Federal, State, and local governments, as well as interested members of the general public and media are encouraged to participate.
How: Each webinar will be one hour in length, except for the Nanosensor Technology and Applications webinar, which will be 90 minutes. Audio and presentation slides will be available through AdobeConnect. Webinar viewers will be able to submit questions during each webinar for the panelists to answer during the Q&A period. Questions can also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org a week prior to the date of the webinar through the end of each event.
Registration: The webinars are free and open to the public with registration on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration will be capped at 200 people. Click here for more information on the webinars, including registration.