- Nanotechnology 101
- Nanotechnology and You
- About the NNI
- What is the NNI?
- The NSET Subcommittee
- NSET's Participating Federal Partners
- Working Groups
- National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO)
- Contact Information
- Collaborations and Funding
- Nanotechnology Signature Initiatives
- FAQs for Business
- Federal Funding & Infrastructure
- Business Development
- Publications and Resources
DATE: December 2-3, 2013
LOCATION: National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, Virginia
AGENDA: You can view the current version of the agenda by clicking here. Last updated November 29, 2013.
SCOPE: This event will bring together the U.S.-EU Communities of Research (CORs), which are a platform for scientists address environmental; health; and safety questions about nanomaterials, by developing a shared repertoire of protocols and methods to overcome research gaps and barriers. The Communities were established in 2012, and this workshop is intended to further develop and support the CORs’ activities.
OBJECTIVES: The goal of this workshop is to publicize progress towards COR goals and objectives, clarify and communicate future plans, share best practices, and identify areas of cross-Community collaboration.
OUTCOMES: This workshop will culminate in a publicly available workshop summary. Presentation slides will also be posted on us-eu.org.
STRUCTURE: U.S. – EU events will span 2 days before the 2013 NSF Nanoscale Science and Engineering (NSE) grantees conference (http://www.nseresearch.org/).
- Monday, December 2: Welcome address; overview of EU and U.S. research priorities; and self-managed meetings of individual CORs.
- Tuesday, December 3: The six CORs will convene to report progress, communicate future goals, share best practices, and identify potential new areas for collaboration.
ATTENDEES: Participants will include American and European scientists and policy makers from academia, research institutes, industry, and governments. This workshop will be free and open to the public with registration on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration will likely be capped at approximately 100 people.
HOTEL: The Westin Arlington Gateway, 801 N Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22203. Telephone: 1-888-627-7076 (mention NNCO) or visit https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/res?id=1310240453&key=ED9C4.
WebEx - Password is 12345 for all lines below.
Monday, December 2
- All Plenary Sessions: https://nitrd.webex.com/nitrd/j.php?ED=247227262&UID=1469252252&PW=NNTQz...
- Database Breakout Sessions: https://nitrd.webex.com/nitrd/j.php?ED=247227262&UID=1469252252&PW=NNTQz...
- Ecotox Breakout Session: https://nitrd.webex.com/nitrd/j.php?ED=247227632&UID=1469251702&PW=NM2Iw...
Tuesday, December 3
Conference Call Line - Password is NANO for all lines below. The numbers given are toll-free.
AUSTRIA - 0800-005-805
BELGIUM - 0800-3-8929
DENMARK - 8088-2739
FINLAND - 0-800-9-14619
FRANCE - 080-510-2764
GERMANY - 0800-800-1420
IRELAND - 1800-936-202
ITALY - 800-977-454
NETHERLANDS - 0800-020-0350
NORWAY - 800-10580
PORTUGAL - 8008-14925
SPAIN - 800-300-906
SWEDEN - 0200-899-945
SWITZERLAND - 0800-001-428
UNITED KINGDOM - 0808-238-9816
USA - 866-844-9416
For More Information: email@example.com
External Website: http://us-eu.org/2013-u-s-eu-nanoehs-workshop/