- Nanotechnology 101
- Nanotechnology and You
- About the NNI
- What is the NNI?
- Nanotechnology-Inspired Grand Challenges
- Nanotechnology Signature Initiatives
- The NSET Subcommittee
- NSET's Participating Federal Partners
- Working Groups & Coordinators
- Contact Information
- National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO)
- Collaborations and Funding
- Federal Funding & Infrastructure
- Nanotech Challenges
- Business Development
- FAQs for Business
- Publications and Resources
Imagine something so small that it's a million times smaller than the length of an ant. Then consider the ability to manipulate something that small to solve problems and create new products. Welcome to the world of nanotechnology.
Learn what nanotechnology is, explore the size of “nano,” and find out how scientists see and manipulate nanomaterials.
Simply put, materials can have different properties and can function in unique ways when structured at the nanoscale.
Significant scientific and technological achievements have been made as a result of the R&D funding by NNI participating agencies.
This page traces the development of nanotechnology from first concepts to the latest developments.
This glossary has definitions for a variety of terms related to nanotechnology.